Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December 23rd, 2015 Press Release!

Chester Merchants Press Release
                                       
                                                                                                                   


Greetings!

The ballots have been counted. Bunch Fraser won the "People's Choice" award for her gingerbread birdhouse in our Annual Gingerbread House Competition. Congratulations and thank you to ALL the entrants for such fabulous works of art and for taking part.

Our merchants are at their posts until last man standing December 24th. Stop in, show them your look of desperation and they will help you and your credit card get through the season of joy.


                                                                                                                                                    
This Week in Chester

Today, Wednesday, is "Subway Cookie Day" in support of Chester PRO Kids. There are cookies for sale at two lettuce depots : Subway or Scotiabank. Cookies are $1 each or $10 for a dozen. A portion of all food sales at Subway go to Chester PRO Kids as well.

Amicus Gallery is celebrating the season, or the end of it, by serving up mind blowing eggnog on Thursday afternoon. A last minute sweater might be just the ticket to finish off your list. Paula has lovely painted sinks as well, but that may not be quite the Christmas gift da wife was envisioning.




The OHC 50-50 Draw Program has kicked it up a notch. They are now chasing the Ace - and you know how lucrative THAT can be ! Each of the first four weeks' winners will receive a guaranteed minimum $1,000.00 prize.Tickets are on sale every Thursday - Sunday at OHC "Chase the Ace" retailers. A runaway bargain at $2.00/ ticket.


Like us on Facebook







With Christmas upon us, I would like to relay a story a friend shared with me.
Here is his tale...

"As you know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends.
Well, two days ago, this happened to me. I was out for an evening with friends and had more than several beers followed by a couple of bottles of rather nice red wine and vodka shots. Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was slightly over the limit.
That's when I did something I've never done before - I took a taxi home.
Sure enough, on the way there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it by and I arrived home safely without incident.
This was a real surprise to me;  I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it."

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night.


Suzi Fraser
for the Chester Merchants Group
Join Our Mailing List!